The creative world is defined by its constant change and technological developments. It is essential to keep up-to-date with industry trends to have success, both in the classroom and in the real world. Not only does Nossi College provide students and alumni a means to stay current with professors active in Nashville’s graphic design, photo, commercial illustration, Web & Interactive, and Video & Film communities, but we also offer unique opportunities to refresh and refine your skill sets.
Nossi’s Together Program does exactly that. The Together Program is designed for students and alumni (in all our art degrees) to retake any course they have already passed, or any new class within their program, without additional tuition costs. That’s right – it’s free! We introduced this program to stimulate conversation between current students and alumni who can share their experience working in the creative industry. Truly, our Together Program inspires each member of the Nossi family to learn from one another.
new point of view → new insight → new opportunities
Why should I participate in Nossi’s Together program?
• To update your knowledge of a computer program like Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Audit the class and learn about new features or shortcuts.
• Did you learn Adobe Illustrator in college but you haven’t touched it since? Audit the class and refresh your memory, in the latest version.
- Maybe you didn’t like to code websites in college, but you want to start a new side hustle and you need to better understand how to code along with best practices.
• Did you take a photography lighting course, but you would like to go through it again? Audit the class to make sure you learned all the ins and outs of setting up studio shots or taking advantage of natural light. Plus you can work with our lighting partner, Paul C. Buff
- You are finding out why the business and marketing courses were offered – we update the curriculum constantly in this class, so come find out the latest in digital and social media marketing along with contracts. Now you know what questions to ask!
I’m interested! What else do I need to know?
• One may only audit the course if there is enough space in the classroom, and a current student’s path to graduation will not be hindered in any way.
• In order to audit a course through the Together program, it must be a course that has been previously passed or any new class within their art degree program. Students and alumni are welcome to audit a new course for a nominal charge.
• Students participating in the Together program will not receive a grade, change in transcript or GPA adjustment by retaking a course. Students will be working together to learn new information, to upgrade their skills and to help each other out.