Nossi Career Services provides a comprehensive assistance for students, graduates and area employers. Our mission is to provide professional development and ongoing career advising beyond graduation, and connect students and graduates with employers in the thriving creative and technology industries.
Career Services To Get You Working
Nossi’s Career Services department enhances student and graduate opportunities by providing resources connecting them with industry professionals they want to become. Get one-on-one advising for:
- Resume, cover letter, portfolio assistance
- Mock interviews and other interview preparation
- Job search strategies and employer research
- Social media training
- Competitive, timely job-market research
- Professional etiquette
Current students, let Nossi help you build and strengthen your talents. We’re committed to helping you achieve your goals, from application submission to alumni status. Take advantage of these resources as a student:
Nossi’s graduates, continue your professional development by connecting with Career Services and become a part of the Nossi Alumni Network.
- Search part-time and full-time jobs
- Search local freelance jobs and paid internships
- Return for refresher courses after graduation at NO COST with our Together Program
- Visit Alumni Success, a page dedicated to highlighting alumni and the accomplishments they have made along the way. You can also connect with Career services, update your contact information and join the Alumni Council.
- Connect with fellow Alumni on our Private FB Discussion board, Job News Flash on Twitter or Alumni Group on LinkedIn
Employers looking to fill a creative or tech job can connect with Nossi Career Services to find the exact talent you are seeking:
- Post a job or internship
- Search graduate and student resumes
- Give back to the future creative community by becoming a mock interviewer
- Volunteer as a guest speaker in class
- Schedule career fairs and group interviews for your job opportunities
- Plan a visit to campus
Nashville: The ‘IT’ city for creative and tech professionals
Once you’ve completed your degree, you’ll be ready to join Nashville’s booming job sectors. In 2016, we helped place an average of 84% of graduates in their field of study. Plus, there’s never been a better time to enter the workforce. Forbes has labeled Nashville the #1 Metro area in 2017 for creating the most high wage jobs, tagging the fields of advertising and technology!
Also, a Recent study shows Nashville “has emerged as a global arts powerhouse” and “is consistently among the top four arts and culture markets in the United States,” citing figures of the arts and culture industry generating $429.3 million in annual economic activity and supporting 14,277 full-time jobs.
Dax Gomez, Director of Career Services
Dax came to Nossi College with a background in career services, human resources and recruiting. His previous experience in career services includes student job placement, internships, teaching and professional development. Dax has also held various positions as a human resources representative, corporate recruiter and staffing manager, with a strong knowledge of interviewing, hiring and training employees and students. He has been assisting job seekers and teaching career development at every stop.
He has earned a Professional in human resources certification and is certified by TPI to teach individuals the tools to succeed in goal-setting and future careers. He is active in groups such as the American Advertising Federation, American Marketing Association and Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce. He was raised in the Southeast and has spent most of his professional career here. He enjoys the outdoors, the arts and sports, and he takes pride in assisting students and graduates. You can reach Dax via email.