Nossi Career Services provides comprehensive assistance for students, graduates, and area employers. Our mission is to provide professional development and ongoing career advising beyond high school and college graduation. We help connect students and graduates with employers in the thriving creative and technology industries.
Career Services to Get You Working
Nossi’s Career Services department enhances student and graduate opportunities by providing resources connecting them with industry professionals they want to become. Get one-on-one advising for:
- Resume, cover letter, portfolio assistance
- Mock interviews and other interview preparation
- Networking opportunities
- Job search strategies and employer research
- Social media training
- Competitive, timely job-market research
- Professional etiquette
Current students, let Nossi help you build and strengthen your talents. We’re committed to helping you achieve your goals, from application submission to alumni status. Take advantage of these resources as a student:
- Help with “survival jobs” that work around your class schedule
- Guidance from adjunct instructors who are creative professionals.
- Internship Placement
- Connect with Nossi All Access to create real-world projects for your portfolio while gaining communication skills connecting directly with clients.
- Join student groups to meet new people and develop leadership experiences
Nossi’s graduates, continue your professional development by connecting with Career Services and become a part of the Nossi Alumni Network.
- Learn about part-time and full-time job opportunities
- Learn about local freelance jobs and internships (both paid and experiential)
- Return for refresher courses after graduation at NO COST with our Together Program
- Visit Alumni Success, a portal dedicated to highlighting alumni and the accomplishments they have made along the way. Alumni can also connect directly with Career Services, update contact information, and join the Alumni Council.
- Connect with fellow Alumni on our Private Facebook discussion board, Job News Flash on Twitter, or Alumni Group on LinkedIn
Employers looking to fill a creative or tech job can connect with Nossi Career Services to find the exact talent you are seeking:
- Promote a job or internship
- Search graduate and student resumes
- Give back to the future creative community by becoming a mock interviewer
- Volunteer as a guest speaker in class
- Schedule career fairs and group interviews for your job opportunities
- Plan a visit to campus for Senior Portfolio Shows
Nashville: The ‘IT’ city for creative and tech professionals
Once you’ve completed your degree, you’ll be ready to join Nashville’s booming job sectors. This boom is rapidly becoming part of Nashville's identity as the city continues to receive recognition from publications and media, including a Top 20 Global Destination from Conde Nast Traveler.
In 2019, Forbes listed Nashville in the top 20 for Best Places for Business and Careers and Job Growth.
The Nashville Chamber's Chief Workforce Development Officer Nancy Eisenbrandt says, “The Nashville region is an incredible magnet for talented, young graduates and the types of workers that new, growing industries seek. Considered a national hub for the Creative Class, the Nashville region’s educated workforce not only provides a strong talent pool for companies, but also bolsters the region’s diversity, vibrancy, artistic and musical essence, and provides a powerful competitive edge in technology and innovation.” Read more about Nashville's Economic Profile.
Also - congrats to the Nashville Film Festival for celebrating 50 years in Nashville.
Barry Howard, Director of Career Services
Barry has an extensive background in career counseling, adult education, human resources, and higher education. He served as a Career Counselor, Human Resource Business Partner, and as an Adjunct Professor.
Barry has a genuine passion for helping students find suitable employment. Originally from Clarksville, Tenn., Barry has lived in Knoxville, Boston, Atlanta, and St. Petersburg, Florida.
Barry holds a B.A. in Sociology from The University of Tennessee, studied graduate Sociology at Northeastern University while pursuing his career as a professional drummer. He earned a Master of Human Resource Development from Vanderbilt University. Barry is certified as a Professional in Human Resources and as a Global Career Development Facilitator.
When he is not working, Barry enjoys traveling, playing drums, and spending time with his wife, Lori, and their two yorkie-poos, Toto and Lilly.