In the creative world, it can be tough to learn and stay current with your graphic design, photo, video, illustration, and web skills because of the changing landscape of technology. This constant state of change challenges college students to nurture their creativity frequently, and it can be hard to do that on your own!
Nossi College of Art continually upgrades our curriculum to best serve students and alumni. These changes to our art degrees are typically created after feedback from advisory board recommendations (each of our five undergraduate art degree programs has an advisory board made up of influential creative professionals in Nashville). This helps ensure our curriculum matches the real-world demand for skills of art college graduates.
By design, Nossi only hires adjunct professors currently active in Nashville’s creative community (check out our faculty!). Whether students learn from a photographer running his/her own studio, a creative director in the agency or media world, a children’s book illustrator or an Emmy award winner, Nossi students gain ‘real world’ advice while networking with professionals before they even step outside the classroom.
Nossi’s Together Program Details
Understanding this continual change, Nossi offers a FREE program for all current and former students. This ‘stay current’ program is called Together. It is designed for students and alumni to retake any course they have already passed, without additional tuition costs. Yes, current students and alumni can come together to get themselves current in subjects they may have taken years ago. There is no additional cost for this program!
Why would someone take the same course again?
- To update your knowledge of Adobe computer programs like Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Not too familiar or confident with the latest design program? Audit the class and learn about new features.
- Did you learn Adobe Illustrator in college but you haven’t touched it since? Audit the class and refresh your memory, in the last version.
- Did you take a photography lighting course, but you would like to go through it again? Maybe you miss working in a large studio? Audit the class and review the ins and outs of setting up studio shots (plus work with our lighting partner Paul C. Buff!) or learn new tricks to take advantage of natural lighting.
- Want to check out the business and marketing side of your creative degree again? With social and digital media, marketing is always evolving.
- Same class, new skillsets, a possible new teacher learning a new point of view.
Several things to consider for our Together program:
- One may only audit the course if there is enough space in the classroom, and a current student’s path to graduation will not be hindered in any way.
- In order to audit a course through the Together program, it must be (be similiar to) a course that has been previously passed. Ask our Career Services Director if you have any questions or are interested in seeing what is currently available.
- Alumni participating in the Together program will not receive a grade, change in transcript or GPA adjustment by retaking a course. Alumni and students will work together to learn new information, to upgrade their skills and to help each other grow.
Here at Nossi, we consider all our students and alumni part of the Nossi family. We began this program as one way to bring alumni and current students together because Alumni can insight after their experiences in the “real world.” Current students can help alumni understand the new updates in our evolving curriculum and showcase the perks and changes of Nossi’s new campus.