In the creative world, it can be tough to learn and stay current with the latest developments. This is especially true when learning graphic design, photo, video, illustration and web skills. Technology is in a constant state of change, and colleges who nurture creativity, like Nossi College of Art, must constantly upgrade their curriculum to best serve students and alumni.
By design, Nossi College only hires adjunct professors who are currently active in Nashville’s creative community. Whether students learn from a photographer running his own studio, a creative director in the agency or media world, a children’s book illustrator or an Emmy award winner, Nossi students will gain ‘real world’ advice and network with professionals before they step out of the classroom.
Understanding this continual change, Nossi offers a free program for all current and former students. This ‘stay current’ program is called Together. It is designed for students and alumni to retake any course they have already passed, without additional tuition costs. Yes, current students and alumni can come Together and get themselves current in subjects they may have taken years ago. There is no additional cost for this program!
Why would someone take the same course again?
- To update your knowledge of Adobe computer programs like Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Are you not familiar with the latest design program? Audit the class and learn about new features.
- Did you learn Illustrator in college but you haven’t touched it since? Audit the class and refresh your memory, in the last version.
- Did you take a photography lighting course, but you would like to go through it again? Audit the class to make sure you learned all the ins and outs of setting up studio shots or taking advantage of natural light.
- Want to check out the business and marketing side of your creative degree again?
- Same class, new teacher, new point of view.
Several things to consider for our Together program:
- One may only audit the course if there is enough space in the classroom, and a current student’s path to graduation will not be hindered in any way.
- In order to audit a course through the Together program, it must be (be similiar to) a course that has been previously passed. Ask us if you have questions!
- Students participating in the Together program will not receive a grade, change in transcript or GPA adjustment by retaking a course. Students will be working together to learn new information, to upgrade their skills and to help each other out.
Here at Nossi College, we consider all our students and alumni part of the Nossi family. We began this program as one way to bring alumni and current students together because Alumni can share what they have already learned in the “real world.” Current students can also help alumni understand the new updates in our evolving curriculum and showcase the perks and changes of Nossi’s new campus.