“Photography is a great tool for a student to interpret and capture their world. It’s an individual exercise where a creative decides where to go, what to shoot and when to press the shutter.
Tom Stanford is passionate about photography and enjoys helping others improve their skills through teaching, mentoring & coaching. Our instructors are professional photographers and they’ll teach the techniques, but will take a lifetime to master the craft.
· A bachelor’s degree in Photography from Texas A&M/Commerce. Worked for newspapers in TX, LA and TN.
· Photography Director at The Tennessean from 1996-2014. Experience in digital photography, videography and creating multimedia. Coordinated visual coverage for the historic 2010 flood in Nashville, the paper was a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize.
· Experience covering the NFL, NHL, SEC, music festivals and the 2000 Sydney Olympics.
· Involved in several book projects including Nashville: Hills of Harmony, Flood 2010: Chronicled By The Tennessean, Tennessee Titans: Celebrating the First and he photographed Historic Presbyterian Churches of Tennessee.”
· Learn more about his travel photography interests by clicking here.