Nossi’s Social Media Content Coordinator Job Description
Social Media is the most common and prevalent communication tool for the Nossi College of Art community. We are looking to harness the power of our social media to boost traffic and engagement while increasing awareness of our programs and creative opportunities for our community.
Who we are and what we are looking for:
This job will require on-campus M-F interaction. This is NOT a remote position. Some nights and weekends are required based on events, activities, and field trips.
Established in 1973, Nossi College of Art is a leading private art college in the Southeast and the only private art college in Tennessee for aspiring creative professionals. Located in Nashville, an epicenter of creativity and culture, Nossi College of Art offers associate and bachelor’s degree programs in video & film, photography, graphic design media, culinary arts, and illustration technology.
We are currently looking for a Social Media Content Coordinator who will help create effective social media communication for active social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tik Tok, YouTube Pinterest, Discord, and Instagram). Join our team and be responsible for highlighting successful community news and events while showing off what it means to be a Nossi College of Art student in Nashville. You will work in a very fast-paced environment with opportunities to grow as a social media marketer.
The Social Media Coordinator directly supports Nossi College of Art’s Marketing and Communications team. This role will be a perfect fit for someone creative, organized, resourceful, and efficient.
We are looking for a self-starter with a positive attitude. This position requires organizational skills, adequate follow-through, excitement about social media, and wants to produce stunning content. Collaborate, manage, and help hire our social media intern team, made up of four creative Nossi students.
This person will report directly to the Marketing Director.
Weekly Activities include:
- Monitor and manage Nossi College of Art’s social media sites. Engage new and active users, followers, and friends. You will be responsible for creating and sharing posts that will be in line with brand guidelines to ensure consistency and marketing regulations for higher education.
- Manage all social media channels to obtain community organic growth for our preferred audience.
- Create original content. This includes and may not be limited to photos, videos, boomerangs, stories, reels, Highlights, GIFS, graphics, events, and posts.
- Be active between classes, student groups, and events creating content with video and/or photos for Reels, Tick Toks, YouTube Shorts, and Stories this will include “Lives” from time to time if the situation applies.
- Explore and find content to share from community partners including advisory boards, faculty, friends, and partners of the college.
- Influence internal social media procedures while creating new processes to streamline internal and external communication. We want to showcase the measurable value of social media’s impact on Nossi’s recruitment and engagement strategies
- Help manage and finalize the social media content calendar aligned with the marketing department's overall content schedule.
- Help manage the Event’s Calendar online through a social and digital channels.
- Engage current students on a variety of platforms to ensure they know what is happening on campus
- Research UGC to highlight future students, students, and alumni
- Collaborate with Nossi’s Marketing Team by contributing regular, direct, and impactful feedback that will help evolve Nossi’s social media strategy
- Work and manage student interns during the school year that may participate with the Nossi social team.
Added Responsibilities Include:
- Limited nights and weekends for student events, activities, classes, and networking opportunities.
- Working with the marketing team on analyzing analytics to continue to drive traffic, engagement, and followers on social media
- This job DOES NOT entail social media advertising. This job will focus solely on content, posting, and managing social media outlets. You will develop and report on social performance metrics to determine successes while suggesting opportunities for improvement
- Working with the marketing team content calendar may include some blog posts and a digital event calendar in a word press environment.
Successful Candidates will be:
- Organized: You will gather information from multiple sources and locations that include student activities, events, classroom activities, field trips, and student meetings, plus requests from faculty, staff, students, and alumni.
- Communicators: Must be a self-starter who can communicate your needs to ensure you are successful. You will work in a team dynamic on occasion, but you must be able to work independently.
- Energetic: You will collaborate and engage college students, so we want you to bring excitement to the team. Your office will manage the promotion of FUN and communicate that to social media by promoting events, activities, successes, and other news/information to Nossi’s community. The main target audience will be current and future students to engage them on campus and online while also interacting with alumni.
- Creative: You will be creating content for a variety of social media channels and must have experience and confidence in producing creative and dynamic content. Must understand how content should be shared based on social platform and audience.
- Go-getters: Must be a people-person who loves to interact with the Nossi and Nashville communities. Lots of networking opportunities will be available.
- Curious: We are looking for someone who stays on top of their craft by sharing social media insights, trends, and research with the marketing team.
- Resourceful: We want this person to be an idea generator and collaborate to help bring ideas to life.
- 1-2 years of experience posting content and strategy creation for brands
- Bachelor’s degree in social media, marketing, graphic design, photography, videography, or similar
- Proven communicator creating strong visual and social content – will be asked to share a portfolio of work from your past experiences including social copywriting & captioning.
Why Join Nossi’s team?
- Health, vision, and dental benefits
- 401K + matching
- Laptop and equipment needs provided
- PTO and Vacation Days
- Help cover costs for approved career development support through training, webinars, events, and classes.
- Flexible schedule
- Commitment to an inclusive and diverse work culture
- Salary commiserates upon experience, and will range from $35,000-40,000 to start.
- Send Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with links to Social Portfolio