- This event has passed.
Cummins Falls State Park Trip
October 25, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 10:00 pm
Join the Nossi Outdoor Club members as they host a trip to Cummins Falls State Park. This is a beautiful hiking experience in a Tennessee gorge. Cummins Falls is a top ten US swimming hole and waterfall. One of the best features is that you can swim up to and climb behind the waterfall.
The group will meet at Nossi College of Art parking lot at 9:30 and will leave at 10:00 a.m.
Before you visit Cummins Falls, please note:
- The base of the waterfall is only accessible on fair-weather days.
- Cummins Falls is a natural area with inherent safety risks.
- The gorge is prone to flash flooding.
- Visiting the gorge is a very strenuous and physical activity.
- You should comply with the park’s safety instructions.
- We recommend that children 5 and under not go to the falls.
- Children under 12 must wear life vests at falls and be accompanied by an adult.
- Visiting the waterfall will require:
- Strenuous Hiking
- Swimming or wading through water
- Climbing Rocks
- Crossing Slippery Rocks
Visit the State Park website for more information and talk with your Nossi Outdoor Club leadership for more details.
cover photo credited to rootsrated.com/nashville-tn/hiking/cummins-falls-hiking